“This Week in Rocket League” is a weekly news report by community veteran Jasher. In his news reports Jasher gives you an overview on all the things that happened this week in the Rocket League scene. He provides you with links to community podcasts and tells you what events are hot right now. Make sure to check back every week to never miss another Rocket League news.
The PC-only Tournaments beta began last Wednesday and was extended until Monday morning.
Tournaments introduces an easy-to-use single-elimination bracket format to Rocket League. Players simply browse a listing of tournaments, sign-up, and are automatically pulled into their matches. Organizers are able to configure a myriad of options, including:
- Game Modes: Soccar, Hoops, Snow Day, Rumble, Dropshot
- Team Sizes: 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4
- Bracket Size: 8-128 entrants
- Rounds: Best-of-1, Best-of-3, Best-of-5, Best-of-7
- Ranks: Mininum and Maximum
- Permissions: Public and Private events
Tournaments will be released in March or April with the Spring feature update.
In addition to the new Tournaments feature, the beta also included multiple new Quality-of-Life features:
- Primary color options have been expanded.
- Items can be pushed to the top of their list by favoriting them.
- Cars can be equipped by team color.
- Network settings (client send rate, server send rate, and bandwith limit) can be adjusted in-game.
- Informational connection quality notifications can be enabled.
- Match notifications (time updates and kickoffs) can be enabled or disabled.
Notice: The above is a list of prominent features and should not be considered comprehensive.
Rocket League Radio
Announced last June, Rocket League Radio will release with the Spring Update.
Sharp-eyed players might have noticed the radio in the Tournaments beta. Players will be able to listen to the Monstercat playlists throughtout the in-game modes.
Starting last May, Psyonix began a promotional partnership for Rocket League on the WWE network. Yesterday, they renewed their promotional partnership for 2018.
Fans will also be able to acquire WWE themed items in Rocket League later this year.
We’re continuing our partnership with @WWE, including new in-game items later this year! Details: https://t.co/zGmp0LYdfs pic.twitter.com/PPaEP0TMu1
— Rocket League (@RocketLeague) 26. Februar 2018
RLCS Qualifiers continue today with Qualifier #3 and with the last qual of the season, #4, on Saturday and Sunday. RLRS play-ins are March 10th for North America and March 11th for Europe.
Throwdown Open Series
Over the past month the top teams in Oceania competed in the Throwdown Open Series. The league concluded on Saturday with a Gauntlet finals. Read more…
- FlipSid3 Tactics’ Miztik: “Being captain is going to be a big test”
- Interview with Doomsee: “I’m playing Rocket League more than ever before”
- Interview with M1k3Rules: “Maybe people like the fact that I’m a Wildcard”
- North American RLCS offseason recap
- What allows teams to score first more often
- What Rocket League Pros think about the new Batmobiles
- 1v1 Car Soccer Community Cup for Oceania
- Athena hosts the 12 Toxics
- Asia Pro League 1.5 by 1NE eSports
- Drippay nominated for Oceanic Esports Player of the Year
- Mad City: Chicago Gaming Coalition $1,000 2v2
- Octane adds historical records
- Rewind Gaming opens merchandise store
- Shift Pro League halts operations
- TexasRL hosts Austin vs Dallas
- Full Throttle Ep. 2
- Live From Mannfield: Ep.100 “2 Year Anniversary” No News, Special Guest, RLCS Qualifiers and Nox Talks
- Rocket Talk: Offseason Esports Update & Roster Discussions w/CloudFuel
- The Talk Back: Ep. 36 | feat. Tylacto
Check out /r/RocketLeagueEsports’ curated resources list for a bevy of information on the Rocket League competitive scene.
For the latest updates on This Week in Rocket League, follow @JasherRL!